Saturday, December 14, 2013

2013: The Misadventure of a Year

My year of 2013 started off pretty good I would say. I was a Freshmen playing for the varsity basketball team and none of my classes were too hard. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if I would have been crushing on just one girl but, I wasn't. When I finally figured out my girl problem, school and my track season were already just about finished. That left me a whole summer to do almost anything I wanted to. So, I went to Minnesota, summer camp, and South Carolina. Then, pretty much spent the rest of my time being a full time bum in my room playing video games until early in the morning. Now this whole time, that one girl was there, but I didn't pay nearly as much attention to her as I should have. Then this school year started and we would go to football games and watch movies together a whole bunch, but after awhile we just stopped making plans to see each other and I think that is when we started to notice how far we had grown apart. But, I pretended not to notice and that everything was perfect. Nothing is ever perfect. And maybe this pretending is why it hurt so much and still hurts. It was childish and foolish to pretend, but since then, I've promised myself to never be so naive again. For some reason though, she returned and I like to think that everything is okay between us, but I guess old habits die hard. I am pretty sure that I've already broken my promise. I just want things to work out so badly. And hopefully they will. During that, my sister pretty much got kicked out of my house, my grandma discovered that her whole body is practically cancer-ridden, and my cousins' places were hit by the tornado. Overall, I would say this year has been too bad to remember the good times.

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome varsity as a freshmen...and sound like you had lots of vacations besides the being a bum playing video games... and awwww sorry about ur sister and grandma and your cousins...that tornado took a lot of friends also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete